ClassyFlu - Influenza A Classification Tool
Required input  =  Query sequences
- The query sequences need to be in unaligned FASTA format (see below).
(But also aligned sequences are allowed. The gaps are ignored.)
- Only HA- or NA-gene sequences (DNA) of influenza A can be classified.
A query must look as follows:
Query sequences:   Example Query Sequences
The corresponding output for each sequence is:    Example Query Result
>Sequence-Id    length of sequence    H/N-type/subfamily    remark
- Sequence-Id: the name of the sequence as specified in the input FASTA file
- length of the sequence: the number of base pairs of the submitted query sequence;
- H/N-type/subfamily: the predicted H-type (H1-H17), the H5N1 subfamily or the predicted N-type (N1-N10)
- Full-length sequences are further classified in the 4-th column as
confident: Sequences of full length that exceed the specific cutoff.
not_confident: Sequences of full length that do not exceed the specific cutoff.
Possible error sources
If the message "The query sequences are not in the required format." appears, possible reasons could be:
- The sequences are not in FASTA format.
- The query contains characters that are not allowed (e.g. @ , . ; _ & % +).